It's about to be summer and you know what that means. TRAVEL!
Many people will be traveling around this summer no doubt about it. Not only do people love their road trips, but flying around the world is just as awesome. For those of us planning on hopping onto a plane at some point, it's important to be aware of how to care for your vape at those high altitudes and inside of the airport. Here are some important tips for traveling with your vape mod and/or pod system.
First of all, is vaping in airports legal?
Here's the thing, it depends on the airport. The 3 airports that are not vaping friendly as of today, are: LAX, SFO, and Philadelphia International Airport. There are also 3 countries that banned vaping in airports: Singapore, Argentina, and Hong Kong.
Next order of business:
Can you vape on the plane? NO! Please abide by the same rules as smoking when on your flight, and keep your vape pen, mod or pod system respectfully packed away in your carry on.
Packing your vape for airport travel:
- You are not allowed to check vaporizers into a checked bag. On the flipside, you can bring your vaporizer in your carry on.
- When going through security check points, it's best to remove your device(s) from your bag.
- Be sure that your e juice tank is empty
- Vape cartridges should also be in your carry on luggage and NOT your checked baggage. E liquids and pods that are taken in your carry on must also abide by the 3.4 ounce rule and should be bagged into a baggy in case air pressure causes the pod or e juices to leak.
- E juice bottles can tobe packed in your luggage but should be in a baggy as well in case of leakage.
- Batteries should be removed and stored in a battery safe holder and also carried in your carry on and not checked in luggage.
- Another thing to keep in mind is that charging of your batteries or devices is usually not allowed on or during flights.
Road trip travels with your vape!
Planes are not the only way to travel. You may also be up for a road trip. When it comes to road trips, you can generally pack your e juices however you feel is best. When it comes to your mod, though, be sure to not keep your mod in your pocket for a long period of time especially while driving, and to keep it away from direct sunlight. If your vape becomes overheated, you can risk the chance of an explosion.
Always be aware of where your vape is when you're road tripping and be conscious of overheating to avoid battery issues!
Are you ready to travel with your vape? Well, you should be now!
Remembering the basic rules to air travel when it comes to vaping will make your experience run a lot smoother and a lot easier. Making a checklist is also a great idea so that you do not forget any of your travel preparations.
Shop with VaporDNA online, or visit one of our two retail locations in Southern California! If you need assistance making a choice, please feel free to contact us using the contact form and we'd be happy to help! We are excited to have the opportunity to be your one stop shop for all your vaping and electronic cigarette needs.
By: Brittany Hale
Brittany Hale was born and raised in Torrance, CA and has a bachelor’s in Journalism from Hawai’i Pacific University. She has been vaping since 2016 and has loved the vape culture since it has benefitted her in many ways. Her enjoyment inspired her to continue to learn about the ins and outs of the industry. She then pursued her passion for writing by combining it with her enthusiasm for vaping by joining VaporDNA’s content team.